Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Prayers of a Faithful Friend

I received such a blessing today. After days of trouble with my legs, this morning being the worst, my telephone rang. A dear friend of my Grandmothers, Margie, was on the line.

Just for background, Margie has been one of those friends who was so connected to Grandma that she would call in moments of greatest need. Grandma got to where she expected the phone to ring when things got bad. Margie would be there with words of encouragement and "pray her socks off". She would always end the conversation with "I'm prayin' on ya!".

When I woke this morning and my legs would barely work, I was so discouraged. I prayed for God to intervene, but sometimes it feels like I'm talking into the wind. I know God hears me, but it can be hard when I don't always see immediate results.

Needless to say, I was a bit teary. Then the phone call came about 10am. "So, how are you feeling" Margie says. We talked for a little while, then she began to pray. As she asked God to touch me from the top of my head to the tips of my toes, I felt a tingling sensation run down the back of each leg. After the call ended, I got up and much of the pain and stiffness was gone.

This is not the first time my "earthly angel" has tuned in to my needs and taken the time to call. It is still amazing to me how quickly the prayers of a faithful friend can touch the need in my life. I feel very blessed today.

No comments: