Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Memories of Lucy

I've been thinking about my mother-in-law the past couple of days. She passed away about two years ago as a result of Alzheimers. Her birthday was Sunday, June 22nd. Her knickname from childhood was Lucy, so that's how I will refer to her today.


I was blessed to have had this amazing lady in my life. Lucy rarely had a cross word for anyone, and usually found a reason to laugh at most situations. She was an excellent cook and gardener. Many times she bought flowers for my home. There was always a white waxy Begonia in the mix.

She loved to shop and we would always take the time for a shopping trip when we were visiting. One of her favorite parts of shopping was stopping for a bit of something sweet. This usually meant sharing a Mrs. Powell's cinnamon roll.


Lucy loved her family and especially her two grandsons. Whether they were playing a board game, sharing cookies and milk, or walking in her garden, it was always a wonderful time.

I still miss her. We all do. I pray the day will come that Alzheimers will be a thing of the past.

No comments: