Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Faith over Fear

In honor of Faith and of Angels, I am posting these two Free Images for you to copy. If you click on the image, it should enlarge so you can save it to your files. I know one says Easter Greeting, but she was so cute I didn't want to leave her out.
I've just been thinking about how blessed I am. No matter what the trial, I feel like angels are watching over me. That's not to say I have an easy life, it's just that my faith keeps me on firm footing.

I want to be resilient when fear tries to wash over me. It's work for me to look at the glass as half full... I'm naturally geared to seeing the worst case scenario and trying to imagine how I could get myself out of that one. For example, I saw a little boy on the news today. He was from Tennessee and had been attacked by a bear during a family camping trip. I knew exactly how he felt when he said something along the line of, "I told my dad a bear would get us." Then he kind of rolled his eyes up toward dad like "I told you so." It made me smile. I hope the experience doen't cause him to carry fear with him, but that surviving it will give him strength and faith.

I'm the "girl" who was always afraid of the dark, wild animals, boogie men, etc. Lions and Tigers and Bears.... Oh MY! I was really afraid of the flying monkees and the wicked witch! I just knew at any given moment I could be killed in a car, my plane would crash, I'd be robbed, my house would burn down (in my own defense, I had many near misses which may have fed the fear... I may share one or two on another day).

Sometimes I was right to be afraid, but to be wary doesn't mean to live in the fear. Even as an adult, I often have to "have a talk" with myself. "Have faith... don't be so negative... pray... believe... hope... and have peace". I doubt I'm the only one out there. So to all you "half empties"...

Take Peace, Hold Hope In Your Heart, Trust God, Have Faith...


Blessings,
Nita Jo

4 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Nita Jo,

My mom kind of has the same problem with fear and has ever since she was a little girl and she loves these scriptures:

2 Timothy 1:7 & Isaiah 41:10

Tammy

Dawn said...

Nita Jo, thanks for visiting my site. Go out in that garage and pull out those treasures. i bring things home and my family says what are you going to do with that? Where are we going to put that? You already have one of those! But sometime somewhere I can find a place for the treasure. This blog site has given me tons of ideas. A friend stoppped by today and my kitchen table is covered with projects and she said where do you get all of these ideas. THE BLOG!!! Im so hooked. Thanks for stopping by, Dawn

Nita Jo said...

Tammy, Those are a couple of my favorites too. The main thing for me is always keeping that in mind. It is so much easier now than it was when I was younger. Thanks so much!

Dawn, I am going to do my "treasure hunt" this weekend! Some will go to the church sale and some I will keep to use in a new way! I'm really looking forward to it!

Thank you both for stopping by! Come back any time!

Blessings!
Nita Jo

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog today :) You are so kind.
Jer. 31:3
Pam <><