Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Few Thoughts on Life

I'm a long way from "Monday, Monday", my last post. I have gone through a variety of emotions during the past week.

  • Frustration... that my son is not much better.
  • Sadness... that I can't fix it. Aren't mom's supposed to fix everything?
  • Thankful... for friends who are praying and a God who cares for us.
  • Tearful... I don't know why, but I put in an old movie and just slipped away from reality for a while. Seemed to do the trick.
  • Joyful... Autumn is so beautiful. I love the frosty cold and the colorful leaves.
  • Reflective... I've had some quiet moments where stories have come back to mind. Things I need to put into writing before they slip away again.

Life is a continual forward-moving force. If we don't pay attention, it can slip right by us. It can leave us wondering what we did with all that time. I decided there were some things I needed to do differently, so I told myself to: Make a plan to notice each day; to celebrate the little moments, as well as the big events. Surprise old friends with a phone call or a visit. Surprise myself by trying something new. Find meaning in my life. Live with a purpose. Drink it all in... all of it!

And in doing all that, remind myself to thank my Heavenly Father for every minute of life He has blessed me with.

I hope your day is filled with blessings, both large and small.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Here's a GREAT BIG OLD HUG from me to You sweetie!!!((((((HUG))))))

Donna said...

I'm sorry to hear that your son is still ailing! My prayers are going out to him.

You are so right that we need to pause and notice the moments of each day. It is all a gift that should be savored.

Nita Jo said...

Thank you both for your hugs, prayers, and concern. He is improving bit by bit. I'm constantly reminding myself to look at the good in life and be thankful for it! Friends like the two of you really make it easier!
Big Hugs!
Nita Jo

Maple Ridge Vintage said...

To one believer from another, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog....yours is wonderful!! Hope we stay in touch, take care. Hugs~Chris

Nita Jo said...

Chris, Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you liked my blog. It's so much fun getting to know people in this land of blog. I will definitely be back to visit you.

Hugs and Blessings!
Nita Jo