Friday, January 14, 2011

Sunday Scribblings - A Walk In The Park...

Here is my January 9th Sunday Scribblings submission.  The prompt was A Walk in the Park.  To read my previous submissions click on My Sunday Scribblings

Summer Evening

The sun was getting close to setting.  It gave the park those funny shadows, very skinny trees and people with long heads and legs.  At the rivers edge swans and geese were still gathered, expectantly waiting for bread crumbs.  Children were tearing chunks of white bread and holding them in outstretched hands.  Once or twice, an eager goose nipped a finger and a shrill cry rang out.  Couples were walking hand in hand near the fountain.  It glowed with multicolored, rotating lights.  When you walked close, the spray would cover you in a fine mist.  Off in the distance, Gold Dust Woman was playing on somebody's radio.  The warm evening air seemed full of hopes and dreams.


 
copyright 01/14/11 ajj

3 comments:

Sally said...

I love that, Nita Jo. You have a way with words. ((hugs))

Nita Jo said...

Sally, thanks so much! I try. I love writing and reading. I always hope people who take time out of their day to read my stuff will enjoy it!

Deborah said...

You painted the picture wonderfully, it was a pleasure to read :o)