Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 30 - Beginnings, My Lil Sis

All dressed up for church
Today is my little sis's birthday! I remember the day she was born.  We were at church, and someone had to leave to drive my mom to the hospital.  I stayed at church with my grandparents.  After the service was over, we drove to the hospital.  Only adults were allowed to go up to see a new baby, so I waited downstairs with a friend or relative.  That was the beginning of my life with my sis.

I sat here last night, letting my mind drift over the years.  We have lived through so many things together.  I'm not going to list them here, but there have been joys and there have been sorrows.  We have laughed, cried, fought, loved, rejoiced, grieved, survived... we have shared our lives.  I can't imagine what life would have been without her.  I don't even want to!  I do want to wish her a very Happy Birthday!

No comments: