Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 9 - Beginnings, Still Writing

I'm still on track with my daily writing goal, but getting in just under the wire today.  When I decided to make the commitment and join NaBloPoMo for the month of January, I worried about letting myself down.  You know, failed resolutions and all that.  What I'm finding is, the words are coming easier each day. 

Writing is something I love to do, and when it stopped coming effortlessly, I felt a little lost.  Once I got past the block, it became fun again!  I've been working on my book ideas.  The strange thing about that is, for the first time in many years I feel like I may be on to something good.  Something people may want to read.  Time will tell.

Before I stop for today, please check out two important links on my sidebar.  One is a fundraiser for Baby Gabriel.  The photo is a link to items available for sale, with profits going to help with his medical expenses.  You can read about him and his family at The Four of Us.

The other link is a fundraiser for the documentary, Finding the American Dream.  Click on the link to read what Idaho filmmaker, Will Schmeckpeper, hopes to accomplish with this film.  He loves writing and directing, and is trying to make a living doing what he loves.  He wants to find the answer to a question we all have these days, "What happened to the American Dream?"  There are only a few days left to meet the fundraising goal through Kickstarter. 


© 09JAN12 ajj

No comments: