Friday, April 20, 2012

Violets & Kittens...

For dad... who left us on a Friday, 22 years ago today.  He loved animals and flowers.  My violets bloomed this spring, for the first time in several years, and this forgotten image came to mind...

nose pressed to flower
soft kitten breath on purple
the violets dance

I hope this verse conveys the curiosity of kittens, exploring a world new to them.  Treasure your loved ones, your days, the beautiful world all around you.  Enjoy life.  Breathe it all in.  Rejoice in the simple moments.

© 20APR2012 ajjahner

2 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Nita! This is SO sweet!!!
Sorry to be late...I've been out of town...
((HUG))

Nita Jo said...

Donna, Thank you! It was a fun little poem for me! I haven't been here much lately either. Hope to catch up on all my blog visits very soon!