Saturday, June 30, 2012

What's in your family tree?

If you've been here before, you will know I've been researching my family history.  So far, it had been a fascinating, but fairly routine journey.  Until this week.  I won't go into specifics on all I've uncovered, but it's more or less what I'd hoped to find.  A diverse family, with some secrets, Union soldiers and Confederates, blended families, and sad, tiny gravestones of children who didn't stay in this world very long.  I have always loved a good mystery, and this is what the search for ancestors is like.  There are twists and turns, with some predictable outcomes, but happily for me a few unexpected surprises.  You should definitely give it a try!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Are you looking on Ancestry.com? Thought about looking up my Dads family but just haven't. My Mom did her side years ago...
hughugs