Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summertime...

It's been quite the summer.  I lost the urge to write somewhere along the way.  There are just so many changes going on in our lives that creativity had to take a backseat.  I haven't even been keeping up with my email.  I have over 1400 messages to work through.  Yikes!  It's going to take me forever.  Thankfully, I'm sure most of them are spam-type advertisements from sites I visit.  I just have to have the patience get on it.

I've been watching a lot of the Olympic competition.  Kristin Armstrong is from my home state, and my husband got to attend a big celebration in her honor today.  Here's a photo of him with Kristin.

My handsome husband with Kristin Armstrong!

He got a signed postcard and poster.  He'd almost given up as the lines were so long, but when he found out I was happily eating leftover Chinese food and watching Scottish TV shows on Netflix, he decided to grab a slice of pizza and wait it out.  I'm so glad he did.  The weather is still too hot for me to get out much, but I love that he can go enjoy the events.  Plus, he shares the goodies with me.  The poster is really nice.  It's the picture of her with her little boy!  It's one of those "once in a lifetime" moments that are so special.  We're really proud to have a lady like Kristin represent Idaho, as well as the USA!

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I know that feeling when suddenly there is no inspiration to create. Something happened to me this week and I don't even want to take my camera with me anymore. I know I will get past it because life loses a lot of meaning when there is nothing to look forward to. Sorry about your sabotaged vacations ... you backup plan sounds good, but sometimes a change of scenery is what is needed. Hope all is well with you ... love the picture of your handsome husband abd Kristin ... Go USA.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Nita Jo said...

Thank you Andrea! I'm doing alright. I posted a comment on your blog. I finally got caught up on some of your posts! Brightened my morning by looking at your photos!