Monday, October 28, 2013

Where does the time go...

I intended to be writing every day, and the month just seemed to disappear.  I've been enjoying this beautiful October weather.  The colors have been spectacular, and we have enjoyed the perfect blend of warm days and cool nights.  Today the rains began and the temperatures are supposed to drop.  I'm holding out for a few more weeks of moderate weather though.

My mind has been on Christmas.  Yes, already!  I want to make it a little more special this year.  Take the time to make the gifts more personal, as well as do some baking and candy making.  I toyed briefly with the idea of homemade cards, but decided that was a little too much to take on.

Do you ever find you've lost touch with some close friends and even some members of your family?  I certainly have in the past few years.  There are a lot of reasons, many health related and many were just a desire to be alone with my thoughts.  I still enjoy being alone, but have found myself longing to connect with people again.  I've taken a few small steps in that direction, but plan to put even more effort into it.

I'd love to reconnect with some of my old friends.  If you're reading this, drop me a line, send an email, or leave a comment.  I look forward to hearing from you!  I'm ready to break out of my self-imposed shell.

2 comments:

Donna said...

It's so easy to lose track of time...I have been so busy lately as well.
And yes, I could do a bit more to get into the "spirit" this year...
Thanks girlfriend! NOW I WANT SOME TURKEY!!!Hahaaaa
(((HUG)))

Nita Jo said...

I'm with you on the turkey! It's almost 10am and I haven't had breakfast yet, so everthing sounds good! I'm happy I'm not the only one with time issues. ;)