Sunday, June 1, 2014

Remembering mom...

Eleven years ago this afternoon, my mom left this life for the next, and I still miss her. The laughter, the conversations, the advice, just her presence. I have written about her many times, so this will be a brief remembrance.
Mom's "Glam" photo. She loved to dress up!

Mom loved a good joke. She loved country music, classics from the 40's and 50's, and a little rock n'roll from the 50's and 60's, especially Elvis. She was a yard sale fanatic, a great decorator, a bargain hunting queen! She loved her kids, her grand kids, her friends. She loved animals of all kinds, and was rarely without a pet in her home. She loved life and had a spirit of adventure. She is loved and missed.

Happy in her redecorated kitchen with her new Country Charm stove!

Mom holding me, and my aunt is in the background.
 Mom, sending you my love... today and always...

3 comments:

Nita Jo said...

Donna, Thank you! Mom loved that stove. It and the Corning coffee pot went in the estate sale, but I kept some other treasures. It doesn't matter how many years go by, we still miss our moms. Always will, I'm sure! Hugs to you!
Nita Jo

Gathering Around the Table said...

I love this post. It seems to me like you have been dealing with the passing of many people in your life or remembering those that left too soon. Words have a way of helping the healing.

Nita Jo said...

Thanks Christy! Words do help! I've always found when I'm going through things, if I talk it out either in person or with "paper and pen", I feel much better. Writing is a great coping tool!