Thursday, March 26, 2015

In the dark...

I don't really have a fear of ghosts or spirits, well perhaps a tiny bit on occasion, but I do have a fear of what, or who, could be lurking out in the dark of the night. I know this is a result of early childhood experiences, but even knowing this doesn't remove it's occasional grip on me. Neither does my faith in God, because some amazing people of faith have had terrible things happen to them. For me, faith is about how you handle what comes your way. It doesn't make you immune from disaster or terrible events.

I'm trying to set aside the random scary thoughts invading my peaceful space. Part of the problem is I have not been sleeping well, it's getting late, and it's very dark outside. I'm sure sleep will find me soon, and before I know it, morning will arrive with the bright scents of hyacinth and fresh air, the sounds of birds, and everyday traffic, and all will seem right with my world again. Until then, I will attempt to shoo away the buzzing voices of fearful and scary imaginings.

Sometimes saying a thing, or in my case typing it, is enough to make it seem small and trivial. I feel so much better now!

Wishing peaceful dreams to all...

© 25Mar2015 ajj

2 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like you could use some Sleep girlie! Does reading help? Listening to the transistor radio under my pillow always sends me to sleep!Hahaa
Happy Spring!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

I do need more sleep! I wish I still had my old transistor radio. That's exactly what I did with it! Lol! Happy Spring to you too! It's a gorgeous day here! The shadows of last night are all gone! Oh, and the creepy noises??? It was the ducks! They are back and most likely nesting somewhere in our back yard! Haha! :)