Sunday, April 3, 2016

Favorite Things...

A few of my favorite things...

  • Flowers, especially hyacinths, tulips, lilacs
  • Mystery books and programs
  • Music of all kinds
  • Magazines like Victoria, Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living
  • Pretty, vintage linens, lace, and doilies
  • Old family photographs
  • Playing games like Scrabble, Dominoes, and Trivial Pursuit
  • Vintage dolls and toys

These things, and many more, make me happy. It feels good to think of simple pleasures and set aside thoughts of the craziness going on in the world around me. I am choosing to seek for what brings me happiness and joy. I know there will be dark days and some things I may have to think about and deal with, but when possible, I will be looking for the bright moments. The simple joys in life.

No comments: