Saturday, June 11, 2016

Random thoughts...

Gooseberries - Looks like we've got a pretty big crop this season. Already prepped and froze enough for three pies, and there are more to be picked.

Ducks - Just when we got our front garden back, saying goodbye to the nesting mama duck and her little ones, another mama moved in. I love the ducks, but because we don't want to disturb her, our front garden has become terribly overgrown. All the rain we got didn't help with that. I'll be glad when her little family has hatched and moved on to the canal down the road.

Health - Still having a few battles with some tests scheduled for the end of the month. Feeling pretty well, all things considered.

Books - I've been doing more reading and really enjoying it. Read the final book by Maeve Binchy. It was wonderful! Currently reading an "Agatha Christie" novel written by Sophie Hannah. I wasn't sure another author could capture Christie's characters, but so far I'm liking it. I'm only about halfway through, so I'll have to let you know my final verdict when I've finished it.

Well, that's it for today. I hope all is well in your world! Wishing you Peace!


4 comments:

Donna said...

Praying the test show you to be in fantastic health!
And Thank You for the new Agatha Christie author!! Didn't know about her!! Going to hunt it up!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Thanks Donna! Finally having the tests this week. Finished the novel. It was good, but didn't pull me in like Christie's books did. Still worth reading. I am planning to read the next one when it comes out! :)

Sally said...

I hope your tests came out well, Nita Jo.

Have been reading a lot this summer. Discovered a new author, Karen White. I'm on her second book now, and really enjoying it.

xoxo

Nita Jo said...

Tests were inconclusive, but at least no tumors. Everything is most likely a result of MS, so I just keep pushing along!

I'm now reading a thriller/mystery by Carrie Stuart Parks which was recommended to me. So far, it's very exciting. I've never read Karen White, but may have to give her a try.