Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Holiday and Anniversary...

We had a quiet Fourth of July this year. One son had to work, so we quickly threw together a lunch of hot dogs, potato salad, and baked beans, and shared a meal before he had to leave. Our day was spent relaxing. We read, chatted, watched a Netflix rental called Get Low, with Robert Duvall and Sissy Spacek. When it got dark, we wandered outside to watch a few fireworks being set off around the neighborhood.

We had decided not to do anniversary gifts, since we had to replace our large front room window and get the 52 Chevy repaired again, among other unexpected things. Paul decided to surprise me anyway! He got me a few of my favorite things, three books and a movie. Other girls need diamonds and bling, but give me good films and books any day! The movie, Holy Matrimony, was a fun choice for an anniversary. It stars one of our favorites, Monty Woolley, and an actress we weren't as familiar with, Gracie Fields. I need to see what other films she was in, as I really enjoyed her performance.

Books and a movie from my wish list and a beautiful card!
We decided to have dinner at home. French Dip sandwiches and a simple dessert of sliced pound cake layered with a filling of cream cheese blended with strawberry jam, topped with fresh crushed strawberries. Simple and delicious! While we ate, we watched another favorite movie, North by Northwest. It's a Hitchcock film starring Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, and James Mason. A perfect way to spend our day together!

I'm feeling very grateful for my husband, my sons, and the life we share together! Loved and blessed are my words for today! 

Wishing you love and blessings in your life.




2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! :D

Nita Jo said...

Jennifer Rose, thank you for the good wishes and for stopping by! :)