Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Welcome Autumn and October...

My plans to start posting more often and write more poetry got side tracked. I won't bore you with too many details, but it was an assortment of family health issues, working on little projects, watching way too much Brit Box and Acorn TV, and doing more reading.

The summer heat was overwhelming for me this year, so I spent most days in my home with the AC on and the curtains closed. Some hibernate in winter, I do it in the hot summer months.

With the cooler weather, the changing colors outdoors, and the possibility of rain this week, my heart is feeling joyful today! It's my favorite season of the year! Evenings spent sipping hot chocolate or spiced apple cider with a good book in hand, more baking, planning for the holidays, decorating... So much to enjoy!

Autumn
Free image from Bumble Button Blog, October 2011

Speaking of reading, if you like cozy mysteries, you might try Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series. I'm on the second book, A Fatal Grace (the title is linked to Goodreads description and reviews). I'm really enjoying it! It's set at Christmas time in the small Canadian village of Three Pines. In fact, it's time to turn this computer off and get back to my book! Until next time...

© 02Oct2018 ajjahner

5 comments:

Donna said...

Hi girlfriend...Don't worry about being tardy to the blog...I've been Super bad!Hahaa...too much going on isn't there, or just plain laziness on my part!
Anyway, hope you've been well and had a great Thanksgiving. Hard to believe it's almost Christmas again!
Stay well my friend!
hughugs

Donna said...

Hoping you are doing ok?
Just checking sweet friend!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Donna, I just found these comments today. I guess I need to change my settings because they were in the "moderate" section waiting to be added. Life has been crazy with health issues, both mine and some family members. I've also been busy with projects around home, reading a lot more, and neglecting my blog. I'm going to try and do better. Thanks for checking in on me!
HUGS!!!

Donna said...

I'm awful at blogging these days as well...Hope you're doing better?!!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

I was doing better, then took a fall a few days ago and wrenched my lower back. I'm such a klutz! Lol! Back still hurts, but this too shall pass. :)