Sunday, November 15, 2009

Everything Old is New Again...


"When I was younger,
I could remember anything,
whether it had happened or not."
~ Mark Twain ~


I have been enjoying things lately, like reruns of old TV shows, old comic strips, old movies. The thing about getting older, and more forgetful, is that many things seem new again. I've forgotten the "punch lines" to many things. I laugh like it was all brand new, which of course, it seems to be. Having memory problems isn't funny, but it does have the silver lining of enjoying things... the old things.

When a friend tells that same old anecdote, I may laugh like it's the first time I ever heard it because, according to my brain, it may be the first time. I can see all sorts of fun possibilities in this. There is an upside to forgetfulness.

May my friends be kind to me because, if they have a younger brain, they may tire of me telling my "new" stories to them... over and over, and over again...

2 comments:

Donna said...

Doesn't matter What we forget...there's Always Someone around to Remind us!!Hahaaa...
I think it's going to be YOUR BIRTHDAY TOMORROW isn't it!!!Hahaa
Hope you habe some Wonderful plans sweetie!!hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Lol! Yes, it is my birthday tomorrow... of course, you knew that. It was such a surprise to get a beautiful birthday card in the mail yesterday... all the way from Texas... from you! Thank you so much my sweet friend!

HUGS!!!
Nita Jo