- Right eye cataract surgery was one week ago
- I apparently scratched the cornea while putting drops in. I had to wear a contact lens "bandaid" all week.
- Vision was bad and I have been worried
- Today "bandaid" taken off and I am seeing much better
- Colors are much brighter, but still seeing "halos" around everything
- Vision will continue to improve over the next month
- After one month I will be rechecked and fitted with glasses. Hoping for reading glasses only, but will be happy either way.
- Left eye surgery is scheduled for 8:45 am on May 27th!
Sorry it's taken me so long to post this. I was told not to use the computer except for quick email checks (with the right eye closed). During the healing process, the pupil stayed large and let more light in than needed. I had to avoid bright lights until now.
By the way, the surgery was not scary at all! You can't even tell they are coming at you with sharp instruments... they use very bright lights. Actual surgery time was only about 12 minutes. So far, this has been a very good experience!
Almost forgot... Sis's surgery went fine. It was a laser procedure. They made a small hole in the eye to relieve pressure. They did the eyes about a week apart, and she says it went very well!
Thanks for all the prayers, comments, and emails! I appreciate it so much!