Friday, September 8, 2017

News...

I turn on the TV, and the news seems to keep getting worse. I'm not talking just about politics, I'm talking hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes. I was just watching a news story about a tiny town called Rose City, Texas, another small city devastated by the hurricane and the flooding. Most of the families have lost everything. A mom speaking, who just took a change of clothes for her children when they evacuated, and came back to a home destroyed, all but their memories washed away. One gentleman who had nothing salvageable except for a few items and his treasured American flag. A young couple trying to dry out their wedding photos, mold already forming on walls and furnishings. It's heartbreaking, but most are happy just to have survived the storm. It's what we all do, survive the storms of life, whether they are physical, emotional, or spiritual. We move forward, with hope, thankful to have made it through.


2 comments:

Donna said...

My daughter, SIL and grandson helped with the rescues all around Houston... they saw some really sad things.
Some incredible things have been happening alright...
Hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Donna, I forgot I had comment moderation on so your comments on several posts were sitting in a file, waiting for me to ok them. That's wonderful of your family! Between this post and today, so many more sad and crazy things have happened. What a year! Hugs to you!