Monday, February 11, 2019

Winter Daydreams...


Heart, blue. Free use image by pasja1000 on Pixabay

February is giving us a cold, last blast of winter. I'm making the best of it by staying cozy, doing some reading, binge watching some TV programs I wanted to get caught up on, and day dreaming about my backyard plans. Our subdivision has finally approved a new fence. The current one is a 3 foot white vinyl picket fence. It was darling when we first moved in, over 20 years ago. Across the street behind our home were farm fields that stretched on for miles. Now it's all subdivided and the two lane road has become a four lane "freeway" with traffic racing by night and day. Our new fence is going to be a 6 foot privacy fence. I'm so excited!

A sweet Valentine's Day picture.
Free image courtesy of Dawn of The Feathered Nest.
We will need to take out a couple of rose bushes, or at least relocate them, before the new fence goes in. I'd like to add some plantings inside the new fence line to create a sound barrier which would tone down the traffic noise. It might also help to add a small water feature. In my biggest dreams there would be a little shed added, a couple raised garden beds, and a rock garden with plantings to attract butterflies and bees. There would also be a place for hollyhocks, lilacs, hyacinths, and old fashioned rose bushes. They say if you can dream it, you can bring it into existence, so I'm filling my mind with all the possibilities!

Wishing you a beautiful day and some dreams of your own!


3 comments:

Donna said...

We have always had a privacy fence...LOVE IT!
Enjoy! Will want pictures!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Donna, I was just thinking today that I need to take before and after photos. I'll definitely post some when it's finally done. I'm really looking forward to it! HUGS to you too!

Donna said...

♥️👍