Monday, August 3, 2009

Hot August Afternoon

I certainly got spoiled up in the mountains last week. The temperatures were in the 80's, and a wonderful, cool breeze blew off and on every day. I have not checked the temperature here, but when I went to the mailbox a few minutes ago it felt like an oven... hot and dry.

Our church camp was wonderful. I didn't get the chance to do much about my projects I took along, but I had the best time just catching up with friends. There was a service each morning and evening. The music was youthful and loud. At times, too loud for me. When did I get so old that loud music is not fun anymore? There were some softer worship songs blended in. I'm beginning to think it's time for a hearing check. I couldn't make out the words on most songs. I haven't gotten my glasses prescription filled, so I couldn't read them either. LOL! I did a lot of humming and clapping along.

There were some amazing speakers. They brought lessons that applied to the young people and the adults. It was a time of renewal and reflection for me. I may share more later. Right now I need to decide what to prepare for dinner tonight.

Oh, for those of you with an artistic side, the Mind Wide Open Challenge is going on this week. Check it out at:
Mind Wide Open
If this link doesn't work, you can click on the photo link on my sidebar. Gail has posted a very sweet image this month. I'm going to see what I can do with it.

Hugs & Blessings!
Nita Jo

2 comments:

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

So glad you had a good time of refreshment. Yes, you need some cooler temps for sure, and your new glasses :)
Hugs,
Pam

Donna said...

I'm SO glad you enjoyed yourself sweetie!! But glad you're back!!hughugs