Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sunday Scribblings - Yes

I'm playing catch-up on some of the Sunday Scribbling prompts.  This one is "yes" #199.  To see other submissions go HERE.  To see more of mine, go HERE.  Below is what came to my mind from this prompt:


I cast aside weary thinking.  You know, the kind that beats you up over what you have not done... of dreams left behind... wasted years.   I could have, should have been... one long ago day, one moment in time.   


I used to dream of peace in the world, traveling, touching peoples lives.  Singing my heart, singing for change.  But the singing left me long ago.  Now it’s the writing... neglected for so many years, suddenly the words are banging inside my head wanting to get out.  I have to say yes today.  I have to make time to let it happen.  Let my fingers find the keys, the letters, form the words and get the stories onto the paper or the computer screen.  

Copyright January 11, 2010 ajj 

No comments: