Friday, June 10, 2011

Write...

"I'm caught in a dream.  
Reality doesn't seem real anymore, 
and I'm lost inside my own mind."

Have you ever felt that way?  What do you do when life seems overwhelming?  Where do you go?

I've always turned to my faith, my family, & my friends.  I have also used writing as an outlet.  I think it's time for me to get back into my writing.  It's always been an escape for me.  A release.

"When life gets hard... write!"  I pulled out a book I started years ago and began to reread it.  Now it's talking to me.  It's time to revisit that idea, that place.   Time to get serious about my dreams...

I just have to add this quote a friend posted on her wall: 

"Read, read, read.  Read everything... trash, classics, good, and bad, and see how they do it.  Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master.  Read!  You'll absorb it.  Then write.  If it is good, you'll find out.  If it's not, throw it out the window."  ~ William Faulkner

Maybe I've always been afraid to find out that it's just not good enough.  I'm over it!  Time to get to work and find out!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I applaud you for getting back to your dream, and know whatever you write will be wonderful. :)

Donna said...

I love to turn on a fan...and sit in the dark and clear my mind.
It just seems to help clear away the pressure and stress...
You HAVE a Gift! Just Write!!
I Love your words!
hughugs