Friday, October 28, 2016

What A Month...

October has raced by! I spent a good deal of time scanning letters, newspaper clippings, and photos for my ancestry project. In an old family bible, I found several obituaries and articles from the late 1800's and early 1900's, which gave me a lot of new family information. There was also a long letter written about my grandmother's passing in the late 50's. It was so descriptive of some of the other family members, including their perceived quirks, it had me laughing out loud!

We're Cubs fans at my home, so I've been watching a lot of baseball. I have high hopes they will take the World Series! I'm also following BSU football. They're having a very good season as well.

I've been enjoying books and magazines again! I'm currently finishing The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap. It's a great read about a couple who open a used bookstore and everything they learn along the way. As someone who used to dream of owning my own bookstore, I'm finding it really interesting. The next book I'll be reading is a cozy Agatha Raisin mystery, Pushing up the Daisies.

That's what's happening in my world. Now I'm off to see what's happening in yours!

© 28Oct2016 ajj

No comments: