Saturday, November 19, 2016

It's Nearly Here...

October slipped away, and we're well into November, with Thanksgiving just a few days away and Christmas coming quickly after. One of the many things I'm thankful for, this campaign season is over. It has been one of the ugliest in my memory. I'm praying some good will follow. I don't want to really get into politics, so I will leave it at that.

November brought a visit from my sister in law, which was so nice. She helped her big brother prep his 52 Chevy for a new engine. We all went out for a lovely breakfast and visit. It was a little place called Moe Joe's, and their special was Pumpkin Bread French Toast with Candied Pecans, served with an Apple Cider Syrup. Oh my gosh! It was so good. I didn't think to take a photo, but you can imagine. It was glorious! The coffee was excellent too! The highlight was being able to share it with my husband and his little sis.

Today my thoughts were on Thanksgiving and Christmas. With everyone on different schedules, Thanksgiving Day will be very quiet this year. Just my husband and one of my sons. I'll be spending Black Friday with several of the "girls" in my family, both young and older. It should be a lot of fun! Saturday the Christmas decorating boxes will be coming out. Christmas cards lists will be checked and labels printed. Now it's time to visit a few of your blogs, and see if anyone else is looking forward to the holidays!

No comments: