Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Birthday and A Retreat...



Today I celebrated another birthday. This one caught me by surprise. It was emotional, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's just the realization time is rushing by, and I haven't achieved many of my life goals. Perhaps I was just missing the big birthday gatherings of my younger days. Whatever it was, I felt the need to take some alone time, to retreat for a while. I turned off the computer and phones. I sat for a long while, meditating and remembering, then chose a movie I'd been wanting to watch, made myself cozy on the sofa with pillows and blanket, and settled in to watch. It was so nice. Some days you just need a brief escape from the world.

When my husband got off work, he picked up Chinese food for us. We watched a show we both enjoyed. He gave me my birthday gifts and then baked a gooseberry pie, one of my favorites, while I watched Project Runway. He even put up with my commentary on the fashions! It was a lovely day!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Awwww!! Happy Late Birthday girlfriend! And yes, they DO sneak up on you...
Everyone needs some alone time...glad you had a sweet and peaceful day sweetheart!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Thank you so much, Donna! It turned out to be one of my better birthdays. I need to have mini retreats more often. Good for the soul! Hugs!!!