Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Poetry Month Offering...

Image shared by Dawn of The Feathered Nest

I haven't participated in poetry month at all this year, so I looked up an old post and revamped one of my "work in progress" poems.  Here it is:

I hear the ducks sound off loudly
feuding over females or seeds
I hear the mourning doves call
comforting sounds through morning breeze
I hear the chickadee, the robin, the sparrow
voices raised in song, harmonizing with ease
I hear the traffic sounds, cars and trucks
inches from nature, progress speeds

I don't know if this will be the final version, but I like it better than the original, found here:  Working on Poems...

My writing muse seems to be on an extended vacation, and I've become preoccupied with so many other things in my life. When the time is right, I know it will come rushing back. Until then, I'll enjoy putting my focus on different areas of my life. 

No comments: