Monday, March 14, 2022

Pushing Myself

I hit a roadblock last week. Didn't feel great, so instead of doing my classwork or any creative projects, I spent a few days laying back in my recliner watching television. I felt a little guilty about not doing the work, but sometimes a bit of self care is required.  I indulged in naps, cups of hot tea, caught up on some TV series, and listened to an audiobook. My husband kept checking on me to make sure I had whatever I needed. He is a great guy! I know I'm blessed to have him in my life.

Yesterday I got back to writing my Morning Pages. It felt good! I'm surprised how much I missed it. I also attended the ZOOM class meeting this morning. I am really enjoying them! For those who missed an earlier post, the class is through Grow Me A Story and has been so helpful. 

As much as self care is important to overall well being, so is pushing myself. It's learning to find the balance between the two. I am often surprised at how quickly a goal is reached when I just sit down and focus on it, for even a short time. This week I'll be pushing myself to complete the class reading and tasks, work on creative projects, and also schedule a Creative Rendevous. I'll let you know how it all goes!


No comments: