Saturday, November 5, 2022

Regaining a Sense of Wonder

I wrote the following comment in response to a question on the Grow Me a Story Blog post, From Lamenting to Lauding.

"This time of year I tend to lean toward the lamenting, always feeling the absense of loved ones passed on or those I don't get to see very often. The morning pages have been very helpful, not just in sowing seeds for growth in creativity but as an outlet for examining feelings. It's a very healing activity. The 90 Days of Autumn Awareness has been wonderful in keeping me looking at what is around me and appreciating what I am observing. Little things like homemade chili, are normally not celebrated. As I focus on these small things, I find a new sense of wonder about my everyday world."

It is good to find things in life to celebrate, to regain our sense of wonder about the world and to appreciate the world around us.

7 comments:

Donna said...

For me it's looking at my new great-granddaughter...amazed that I've managed to live this long...
And by the way, I celebrate chili every time Larry makes a pot!lol
hughugs
Donna

Sally said...

We have chili nights when my oldest great granddaughter can be here with us.

Your words were awesome; you are quite a wonderful writer and thinker.

Love it.

xoxo

Donna said...

Hoping you're okay?
hugs
Donna

Donna said...

Hello? Worried here!!
hugs
Donna

Donna said...

Checking in on you little girl! Where You Be?
hugs
Donna

Donna said...

Worried Here Girlie!
hugs
Donna

Nita Jo said...

I am so sorry! I'm still here! Life got complicated. I'll try to write a post explaining some of it. Thanks for checking in and for caring! I guess I need to figure out why I'm not getting email notifications for new comments. BIG HUGS!!!