Friday, May 9, 2008

All 13 Gone...

At noon today I peeked at our Mama Duck. She was quietly sitting on her nest. Lucky 13 came home from school about 3:35, so I wandered out front. There was nothing to see but broken eggshells and no sign of our little duck family. There were cars in and out all afternoon for yard sales. Even the neighbors across the street, who were doing yard work, did not see them go. I'm a bit afraid something (snake, dog, cat, magpie!!!) got to them. A snake took a couple last year.

PJ stopped by the canal where all the ducks and ducklings went last spring, but there were none anywhere in sight.

I'm so disappointed not to get even one picture. We'll keep checking for the next week or so at the canal. They may just be well-hidden by the overgrowth. I hope we get a chance at a picture of our 13!


Now for todays quote:

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
- Walt Disney
I don't intend to ever quit dreaming.

No comments: