Friday, August 8, 2008

Mind Wide Open... and why I didn't enter...

I am posting my creation for this month's Mind Wide Open challenge. It was so much fun to try, but I got the dates mixed up. I'm also trying to do Brenda's Photo Challenge. It's due tomorrow, and the MWO was due last night.

To top off my mixup, I just spent the last 6 hours resetting my computer (wouldn't let me go online this afternoon) and my camera (would not load my pictures). Everything seems to be working now, so I may have my photos ready for tomorrow's Photo Challenge... we shall see.

Anyway, here is the picture I would have entered if I'd marked it on my calendar! It's a mixed media piece... charcoal drawing on heavy water color paper, with water color crayon accents, collage, lace accents, and the inspiration I came up with using the word "Secret". I printed it on heavy paper, tore the edges, and accented them with a bit of color.

Secret Love
Locked Away, Hidden
She Keeps Her Heart Safe
And Alone

This challenge was fun for me, and I have a piece of art that will go nicely in my bedroom.

Please visit the Mind Wide Open challenge (click on the picture link on my sidebar). There are some beautiful pieces this month. Vote for your favorite!

2 comments:

Little Blue Violet said...

This is wonderful JoJo! So Victorian looking....looks authentic from the 1800's
Thanks for checking in with me. I renovated my blog recently and lost all my sidebar buddies. Ive been adding them back little by little as they stop by. So glad you remembered me.
smiles
DarLy*~

Nita Jo said...

Thanks Darly! I love how she turned out. I've set my art aside for many years. I wasn't as good as I thought I should be. Now, I just decided to do it and to have fun! Makes all the difference.