Thursday, April 15, 2010

Childhood

As children, we viewed life differently than seen through our eyes as adults.  In that child world, imagination plays an important role.  We pretend to hear things which are impossible to hear; we feign understanding of  the language of nature, the voices of flowers.  We are caught up in a web of unreality... or are we?


Forgotten Language

Once I spoke the language of the flowers,
Once I understood each word the caterpillar said,
Once I smiled in secret at the gossip of the starlings,
And shared a conversation with the housefly in my bed.
Once I heard and answered all the questions of the crickets,
And joined the crying of each falling dying flake of snow,
Once I spoke the language of the flowers. . . .
How did it go?
How did it go?

Shel Silverstein


A big "Thank You" to Dawn of The Feathered Nest for the use of this image! Visit her beautiful blog for more images and some great decorating ideas among other things!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I STILL feel like a kid and will talk to Anything...and sometimes I think "it" answers me!!Hahaaaa
Sweet post Darlin'
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Donna, I still think I'm a kid too... till I get a good look in the mirror! Lol! Glad you liked the post!