Friday, October 8, 2010

October!

I love October!  It's been a week of cooler temperatures... perfect for me.  I'm listening to Mahalia sing "I'm Gonna Live The Life I Sing About In My Song"...  Love it.  Makes me want to hug my Grandma... sending love heavenward... Yesterday would have been her and Grandpa's anniversary.  It is my uncle and aunt's, and my cousin's... Happy Anniversary to Burt and Pat, Kent and Robin... and also to another cousin, Elverta and Bud.  Celebrate your love!

My priorities have been to continue filling donation boxes and spending some quality time with my family.  There is a peace in my home that was missing for a while.  It came from my heart... battered, broken, frustrated, sad... the peace also comes from my heart.  There is a healing power when you give over everything, and just let God's peace cover you.   I miss my loved ones who are no longer with me.  Maybe that's weak.  Whatever... I will always miss them.  Sometimes tears will come.  It doesn't mean I don't know they are in a better place.  It means I wish I could pick up the phone and share a moment; I wish I could have one more hug; just one more shared laugh.  But, "It is well with my soul..." and I don't fear death... I did when I was a young woman, but that fell by the wayside on this journey of my life.

Autumn memories... beautiful, nostalgic, poignant... I feel them with every breath.  I love my life.  I love those who were, and who are, a part of it.

Blessings to you, my dear friends!
Nita Jo


copyright 10-08-10 ajj

No comments: