Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A New Look...

I have admired so many of your blogs since starting mine.  I finally decided to try an entirely new look!  I was visiting a new blogger, Karen of Todolwen, and I noticed how pretty it looked.  In the upper left-hand corner was the name of the designer, Itkupilli, and it said "Free" so I had to check that out!  You all know how I love a bargain.  Free stuff is even better! 

If you're thinking of dressing up your blog, visit Itkupilli by clicking on the photo link on my sidebar.  You can also get there by clicking on her name in the upper left-hand corner of my blog.  She has all kinds of free backgrounds, plus she posts easy to follow instructions on her side bar.  I am a slow learner for many of the blogger features, but hers was very easy for me.  Just take it one step at a time.

I am also playing with my photo blog, Nita Jo's Photos.  I used the "blog widening" instructions provided by Donna, of Cottage Days and Journeys.  I haven't finished tweaking it yet.  I'm not happy with my Tippy Kittycat photo in the larger size, so I'm looking for a new photo for the header.  I have hundreds to rummage through and it's going to take me a while.  I am excited to experiment with the new size. 

Now, all I need is someone out there to help me create an email newsletter template.  I have tried to find something that I can copy and paste into my email.  I don't want to send it as an attachment.  I have created the newsletter on a "Publisher" type format.  The photos and Logos will not paste!  I even opened up two different email accounts, just to see if they would accept my document.  I am looking for a free, or dirt cheap, "help" site.  Do you know of one?  I would prefer not to have to create a web site to get this done.  Can you help?



4 comments:

Sally said...

Oh my goodness, Nita Jo, it's very pretty here! I love your new look. :)

Wish I could help with the newsletter but I'm not computer literate AT ALL. I couldn't even use the free templates; blogger wouldn't let me for some reason, so I'm probably stuck for now.

Take care. (hugs)

Donna said...

I have a bunch of free template sites on my blogroll, way down on the bottom of my blog... This is a Very Pretty template Miz Nita!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Sally, I had to follow each step, double checking all the way, but finally got it to work. As for the newsletter, I may turn it over to someone who is more of a tech person! Lol!

Donna, I remember seeing those but it was back when I wasn't thinking of trying to "pretty up" my blog. I'm so glad you like it! Sorry I don't get over to your "place" as much. My computer time is very limited. I still don't have one of my own, and my son is doing online school. I sneak on during the wee hours, like now! Lol!

Donna said...

I love the new look! Very pretty and the colors are delicious! I am so glad that you are having success in widening your main column for your photo blog, thanks to my instructions. It took some research to figure it out because I don't know squat about html programming, LOL.