You may remember that I posted about a free sample of Roba Dolce products back in January. Well, my family finally sampled the products and here is my review in order of preference:
- Lemon Sorbetto... this is my personal favorite! I love lemon, and this is the perfect blend of tart with just a touch of sweet. I couldn't stop eating this. The rest of the family just got a "token" taste.
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Gelato... this was the overall favorite of everyone! Creamy, dark, decadent, delightful... with chunky chocolate pieces! My guys polished this off! I was lucky to get a tiny sample bite of this luscious gelato!
- Mango Sorbetto... First taste, I wasn't sure. I was still in my happy, lemon place. I have to say, I really liked this flavor. The mango was rich, without being too sweet. A perfect dessert treat, especially after a spicy meal.
- Pistachio Gelato... This took me back to the 70's when everyone was making "Pistachio Pudding" for pot luck dinners. It was sweet and creamy, with little bits of crunchy nuts in every bite. Delicious!
- Coconut Gelato... If you like coconut creme pie, you will love this! It's the sweetest coconut flavor, so creamy, with bits of shredded coconut blended in. Even my sons, who have never cared much for coconut, loved this! It was wonderful served alongside a warm, dark chocolate brownie!
Another big "Thank You" goes out to Karen, of This Old House 2 , for letting me know about this wonderful opportunity. She has a lovely blog... please take a few minutes out of your day to visit her!