Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad...

I was about a year old when this was taken.

Grandpa & Grandma (who raised me) and my Daddy
I still miss my dad.  Today is his birthday.  My dad didn't play a big role in my life, but you couldn't help loving him.  He was funny, interesting, and well... I was always told I was stubborn, just like him.  It's true... I am! 

I loved to hear him sing... he sounded a little like Merle Haggard, and he had a great laugh.  He's been gone for almost 21 years... seems like only a moment ago.  Gone, never forgotten.  Sending love heavenward...


2 comments:

Donna said...

Ahhh....What a sweet tribute!
Happy Birthday to you Dad!!!!
(((HUG)))

Donna said...

It is quite understandable to miss him! Best wishes for your remembrance of the sweet times that you had together!