Friday, November 30, 2012

My list...

Many of my Facebook friends have been doing a daily "what I'm thankful for" post.  I started, but it quickly went by the wayside.  I decided to do one long blog post, listing 30 things I'm thankful for.  You know, the whole month in one big post.  So here it is:
  1. Today is my 56th birthday... I'm thankful for each and every day of life! (This list was actually started on the 16th... where oh where did the month go?)
  2. My loving husband, who is the most awesome man!  We've shared the good and the bad, and he always reminds me that he loves me no matter what!
  3. My two sons!  I could not love them any more than I already do.  They are a blessing to me.  They bring me such joy!
  4. My parents and my grandparents... they left a legacy of love.
  5. My sisters and brothers!
  6. My extended family... yes, every one of you! 
  7. My friends.
  8. My church home.
  9. My home.  
  10. Clothes to wear.
  11. Food to eat.
  12. Reliable cars.
  13. My cell phone.
  14. Computers!
  15. Working appliances.
  16. My new scanner!
  17. Books... and more books!
  18. Art
  19. Family photos
  20. Music
  21. Good neighbors
  22. Wind chimes
  23. Colleges and Universities
  24. Prayer Chains 
  25. Good Doctors
  26. Diet Coke... cuz I really needed one today
  27. The Internet, which has expanded my world
  28. The right to vote
  29. Freedom
  30. Faith
These are in no particular order of importance, and the list doesn't even scratch the surface, but it's a start.  There are just so many things to be thankful for!  Even though this is the month of the Thanksgiving holiday, I try to remember to thank God, every day of the year, for all that I've been given.

With that said... it's goodbye to November and hello to December... hohoho!

4 comments:

Donna said...

LOL, that's a great list! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Don't forget to be thankful for electricity too! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to live without that.

Nita Jo said...

Thank you Donna! The list was actually started on my birthday, but I forgot to change that when I came back to finish the post yesterday. I have now outlived my dad by almost a year! I'm also thankful for that! And you're right about the electricity. Where would we be without that? In a quilting circle most likely.. and I'm a terrible seamstress. Lol! :)

Donna said...

Awwww...such Sweet things too!

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND!!!!

Time is passing too darn fast to keep up!
Love you!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Thank you Donna! Time is passing too fast. I don't even have my Christmas tree and indoor decorations up! Paul did get our outside lights up early, so we've been enjoying those. Hugs to you too!