Friday, January 28, 2022

Procrastinating...

I found the following in my "Drafts" folder. I've decided to go ahead and publish it today. The original blog post was written May 14, 2013, and was supposed to have photos of the table, which I haven't found yet. About time it was published on Blogger.

Original Post:

Posting today is just another way of procrastinating.  I'm supposed to be cleaning and sorting, but I'm just now on my first cup of coffee and can't quite get myself motivated yet.

It was a productive weekend.  I think I mentioned that I'd given away my dining table and chairs.  I just wanted something different.  I was looking for a rustic farm table.  Something I wouldn't feel back about putting extra nicks in, while working on craft projects.  A couple weeks ago, a neighbor was on the end of a three day yard sale.  I kept looking out my window and seeing a table sitting there.  I thought it was being used to display the small stuff, but finally got my husband to walk over with me just before she closed up.  I got the table for $10.00!

We've been working on it.  PJ sanded down the top.  We tried one finish, which we both hated, and he sanded it again.  I'd been thinking about a "shabby" white finish, but while looking at stain colors from Minwax, I spotted a water based stain called "River Stone" which has a blue tone to it.  I had my vision!  PJ painted the table legs black, and roughed them up a bit.  I used the River Stone stain on the table top.  It was a process of applying, wiping off, sanding, reapplying, wiping off... When it had the rustic look I wanted, PJ applied three coats of a water based Polycrylic finish.  I love it!  It's exactly what I envisioned!  

No comments: