Saturday, January 22, 2022

January 2022, Still Here...

Hello again! I'm a little shocked that I only posted three times last year. It has been some crazy times for us since my bypass surgery in 2020, then my husband's retirement, and all happening during the first year of Covid. We're still hanging in. We had our vaccinations and boosters and still got Covid at our house. Husband tested positive and the rest of us got sick at the same time, so it's fairly certain that's what we had. The cough and tiredness lingers on, but we are so fortunate. Friends who were not vaccinated actually ended up in the hospital on ventilators. Friends and extended family lost loved ones, both young and old. Our state Covid numbers are still climbing. We live in the Northwest and were mentioned on national news tonight. I am so over all of this! Praying we're nearing the end of it!

The good news, I started following the blog, Grow Me A Story, and as a result I signed up for their classes. Full transparency, Paul and Carol Roberts are family. He's my cousin and she is one of my dearest friends. Carol is leading the group through the book The Artist's Way, and I'm learning so much. It's definitely got my creative soul inspired again. Paul is doing a weekly podcast which I am enjoying as well! This is my attempt to see if I can get back to writing. I had completely given up on it, but every once in a while I would wonder if I should give it another try. I'm not sure where my creative journey will take me. I'm considering dusting off my piano again. Poor thing hasn't been played in years. I'm also dabbling with a couple simple art projects. I'll let you all know how I'm progressing, and I'll try to make it more frequent than I did the past couple years. New beginnings! That's all for now. Take care, my friends, and God bless!


No comments: