Monday, January 24, 2022

Morning Pages...

Part of the assignment for the class I am taking, a study of The Artist's Way, is to write Morning Pages. This is 3 handwritten pages of Stream of Consciousness writing. Free writing of whatever pops into your mind. It can be anything at all from story ideas, to family issues, to the weather, what irritates you, what brings you joy. Anything and everything that runs through your mind. It's very theraputic. I did not think I'd be able to do it consistently, but right now I can't imagine not doing it.

I finally attended the Zoom class! It was less terrifying than I had imagined. I get such anxiety over things like that. I even shared a bit, so that was good. I was careful not to overshare as I can get too chatty. You can all probably surmise that from my blog posts in the past. I tend to ramble...

The experience of taking this class, combined with doing the assignments like the morning pages, is definitely breaking something open in me. It is sparking my creative desires again. Who knows where it will ultimately lead, all I know is I'm enjoying this journey!

No comments: