Thursday, September 12, 2013

Looking forward...

This is my oldest son's birthday.  It doesn't seem possible 27 years have passed since the day I first held him in my arms and looked at his sweet little face.  He was a blessing to us then and still is!  He brings so much joy and laughter into our lives!

I'm surprised it's been two months since my last post.  What a fun, busy summer it's been.  When I last posted, my family was on our way to the Oregon Coast.  It was amazing!  We were fortunate to grab the last room in Cannon Beach, with an ocean view.  Even with a very rainy first day, it was wonderful to sit with the sliding doors open and just enjoy the sight, and the sound, of the Pacific Ocean.

My list of goals for the summer didn't diminish as much as I'd hoped, but some were accomplished.  I continued to work on scanning photos and documents for my family tree.  I did quite a bit of summer reading, but did not make it through my entire list.  That's ok though.  I just moved them to my autumn/winter reading list!  I also did a bit of writing, though I could use more discipline in that area.

My husband and I finished the dining table we were working on, and I love the way it turned out.  We also repainted our main bathroom, though we still need to update the fixtures in there.  

The summer weight loss goals got sidelined due to a couple health "hiccups" and medication changes.  I continue to work with my doctors to find new ways to keep the MS at bay.  One day at a time.

I plan to get back to regular blogging since summer is winding down, sons are back at their studies, and I've missed the writing.  I'm looking forward to cooler, autumn days, and all they bring... holidays, family gatherings, change... 

© 12Sep2013 ajjahner

2 comments:

Donna said...

Welcome back to posting! You've been gone a while, but it sounds like you've been busy.

Nita Jo said...

Thanks Donna! I've been away more than here, but I'm trying to change that now. Life just gets so busy. Thanks for coming by! :)