Saturday, September 21, 2013

Quiet...

My home is very quiet right now.  Paul is camping this weekend with a couple of friends, and the boys are back to their own activities, though they both came over last night to watch the BSU game with me.

Since yesterday, I've done 6 loads of laundry.  Partly because I found boxes with pillow cases, cold weather clothing, etc. I had been storing.  They weren't dirty, but you know how stuff gets musty smelling when it's been packed away for a while.  I was doing some sorting and cleaning, while the washer did it's job, then I got distracted by old photo albums!  I've been looking at the 1995 photos.  My boys turned 9 and 3 that year.  It's also when we moved into this home.  A lot has changed in those 18 years.  I had no idea how very fast the time would go by.

I love the quiet.  I enjoy it even more knowing it won't last long.  I've always been happy doing solitary activities, but I think I enjoy it most when I know someone is just down the hall, or at least nearby.  Well, I'd better take advantage of this quiet time and get some more projects completed.

Here are some Free Images I found a few years back, but I don't remember who provided them. They are titled Peter and Polly in Autumn.  I hope you enjoy them!




3 comments:

Donna said...

It's 68 here right now...yesterday was just gorgeous! Love the cool temps.
I'm about to go in search of the winter clothes myself...Enjoy the quiet!!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

I did enjoy the quiet, and the weather continues to be cooler, even a bit of much needed rain today! Thanks for stopping by Donna! :)

Donna said...

Those are cute and perfect for the season! We've been getting some cooler temperatures here too - finally!