Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Very Changeable November...

I'm a November baby, which adds to my love of this month, to this time of year. I have the fake fire crackling on the TV, accompanied by the soft background music of piano and cello.

My husband is preparing a Sunday brunch, well lunch really, because we slept in after a late night. We stayed up to watch BSU play in the 9 degree, freezing cold. It felt good to be curled up on the sofa in front of the television, while seeing the frosty breath of the players and the loyal fans who attended. It was also nice to see them pull from behind and win the game!

The arctic blast stole the last bit of autumn weather this week. We got a lot of snow, almost 10 inches, and it's been so cold. It's funny to see leaves still on the trees, but covered with snow and ice. They were so beautiful, but are now brown and scraggy looking, and under the snow are the leaves we hadn't gotten raked up yet. That's going to be a soggy mess when everything melts.

Even as I'm typing this, I still love autumn in all it's varied forms! When I step outside, the cold is bracing and the world is white and lovely. There is more than frost on the pumpkin, there's a layer of snow. It all looks beautiful to me. November is one of the most changeable months. It varies from year to year. It's full of surprises, which makes me happy to call it my birthday month!

8 comments:

Donna said...

As long as you are warm and safe, you can easily enjoy that much snow! Wow, 10 inches! I bet it is beautiful. I hope that we have a few snows this winter, as long as they don't prevent us from getting to doctor appointments or to the grocery store.

Nita Jo said...

In my part of Idaho, the snow doesn't last too long. We mainly get enough to mess up the roads, plus a lot of fog and black ice, so this is nice. It looks very pretty, and I'm definitely enjoying it!

Nita Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nita Jo said...

Silly computer, or perhaps human error. It posted my first comment twice, but then leaves my face there with "comment deleted" which looks odd. It was just a duplicate. Lol!

Gathering Around the Table said...

I love this post and do love November. I will have some soggy leaves to clean up when it thaws.

Nita Jo said...

Thanks Christy! I've been loving your posts too! Anything to do with autumn makes me happy!

Donna said...

10 inches???? I'm fainting here!!Lolol...
NO WAY! I think I'd move!Hahaa
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

It's a lot for us, and early as well! I feel for people who have to work outside. Freeway and main roads are dry now, but the side roads are still very slick. Makes me appreciate my warm home. :D