Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Feelings...

I don't even know what I want to write about. My mind is so wrapped up in things I must do, I'm not finding time for things I dream of doing. While I sit here typing, I'm listening to an episode of The Voice from a few nights ago. There are some amazing singers this season. They're singing some of my old favorites, opening up emotions I haven't felt in a long while.

There's nothing like music to take you swiftly back in time. It's 1977. I can almost feel the hot summer air, smell the fresh cut grass and the fading roses. Life seemed like it stretched before me in a beautiful, endless road. While the road looks different to me, all these years later, it's still filled with beauty.


© 13Apr2016 ajj

4 comments:

Donna said...

It's 1972 and all us crazy friends are sitting at Poppa Rollo's Pizza place drinking beer, eating pizza and singing to the juke box...You've Got a Friend and Long Cool Woman in a Black dress...just plain fun...
Happy weekend friend!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Haha! Thanks for sharing your memory. I love it!
Big Hugs and a Happy Weekend to you too!

Sally said...

It's 1960, in June, graduation night from high school. And, most importantly was going to the Dairy Freeze for a chocolate malt afterwards. I can still taste it; now I want one. :)

xoxo

Nita Jo said...

Sally, such a sweet memory! I love a chocolate malt! Haven't had one in such a long time. It's funny how strong food memories can be. I would love to have one now!
Thanks for stopping by! HUGS! :)