Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Oops... It's Poetry Month...

First of all, how did April get here so fast? I was going to have some new poems written, or have some favorite poems and poets picked out, to grace my blog for the month. Did not get any of it done. I'll try to get some up by first of next week.

My mind is swirling with all the things I need to accomplish in the next 6 weeks. My youngest, EJ, is graduating from college! I didn't even think to get a formal photo done. I really stink at these kinds of things. He didn't think of it either... nut...tree... you get it, so he took a selfie for the college yearbook photo. That's how we roll! Haha!

I'm trying to pull together a plan for celebrating this wonderful milestone in his life, choose the venue, get announcements quickly ordered, and figure out how to make myself look at least 40 lbs. slimmer for the expected family photos... just a tiny miracle or two will be needed to pull it all off! Thankfully, EJ is a very laid back fellow and really doesn't want a big party. Something simple, with only the closest friends and family. It still raises my anxiety a bit, but in a good way. I'm really looking forward to this next step in his life's journey!


2 comments:

Sally said...

How wonderful to have a son graduating from college. That's a huge accomplishment; congratulations to him and those whom I know must be so very proud.
xoxo

Nita Jo said...

Thanks Sally! We're very proud of him. I didn't get to go to college and neither did my parents. I hope it opens many doors for him in his future!