Wednesday, December 27, 2017

What a Month...

Between me messing up my knee, one son having health issues and injury, our other son and husband working long hours, it's been one heck of a month. This is the first year we did not have a Christmas tree, sent very few cards, and I only bought a couple gifts and went in on another. I have a little shelf above my fireplace where I hung four hand crafted ornaments I bought from a cousin. I set out one Santa and one snowman. I strung red ribbon in the entryway to hang the Christmas cards we received, which were many, because my husband is a letter carrier who is well loved by the people on his route. We did have a few outside lights, but my dozens of ornaments and knickknacks never even got out of their boxes.

These are the ornaments! Aren't they wonderful?
By all accounts, Christmas could have been called a huge fail. The funny thing is, we enjoyed it as much, or even more than, many past Christmases. It was simple, quiet, and relaxing. We enjoyed each other's company. There were games, a few favorite movies, reading, and conversation. It was a lovely Christmas.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Well, this proves you don't need props to have a wonderful show!!
Glad your day was joyful!
hughugs

Nita Jo said...

Hugs right back to you! Wishing you many blessings in the New Year! :)