Sunday, October 20, 2019

Happy Autumn Days...

I am loving autumn! The colors, the colder weather, some rain and some sunshine. Perfect! 

Not much to share. I missed a memorial service I'd planned on going to. Sadly my memory is not what it once was. Then BSU lost. The Yankees lost. We're not even talking about the Cubs these days. I'll be rooting for the Washington Nationals in the World Series.

Yesterday, I read Clues for Real Life, The Classic Wit & Wisdom of Nancy Drew. It was a gift from my friend, Carol, a while back. I'd read most of it, then it got set aside like many of my books do when my eyes get funky. While going through several stacks of books this week, I rediscovered it. It's geared for young Nancy Drew readers, but is a fun read for those of us who grew up reading Nancy Drew mysteries! It tells how the books began and who wrote them under the name of Carolyn Keene. The book is filled with quizzes, quotes, and the beautiful book cover art. It was a lovely little trip back in time.

The business venture I mentioned a while back fell through. Now I'm working on a joint eBay/Etsy business idea with my sister. I don't know if I have the brains to figure out all the rules, taxes, etc., or the energy to make it happen. We'll see I guess. This afternoon I'll be sorting through possible inventory while listening to a recorded book, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I'm almost halfway through and it'a a great book so far!

That's the latest in my world. I hope all is well with my fellow bloggers!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hahaaa...I'm horrible about posting as well...
Just no time these days...
Merry Christmas sweet friend!
hughugs