Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Life Just Keeps Changing...

If anyone is still out there...

My last post was in February. I was trying to recover from two strokes which happened during an angioplasty. Because that didn't work, I ended up having open heart bypass surgery the first week of March. It's been a long, slow recovery complicated by the arrival of Covid-19 and all the restrictions. I've had to have virtual doctor's appointments. There were two trips to the ER, which is even more scary these days. My husband had to sit out in the car for hours, as only patients were allowed into the hospital, which was hard on both of us. It's been a rough few months.

In the middle of all of this, my husband was trying to complete his retirement paperwork and was able to retire in June. We're definitely not living the retirement we dreamed of, still being confined mostly to home. There is a mask requirement for our county though many are ignoring it so far. Luckily, I'm the kind of person who loves being home. I've watched some great TV series and movies, finished several books listening to many of them on Audible, and worked some more on my family tree. My husband has completed several home and garden projects, and he is just enjoying not having to deliver mail in this hot weather. It's been nice having him home!

I'm still believing for a cure even though things look pretty bleak right now. I hope and pray all of you are healthy and safe. Until next time...

No comments: