Saturday, October 10, 2020

Rain and Other Stuff...

Photo by Kerstin Riemer 
From Pixabay, Free Use Images

I'm sitting here listening to the rain coming down, and feeling peaceful. I love the sound of rain hitting the roof!

It's been a crazy couple of days at my home, mostly seen through the hazy eyes my muscle relaxants give me. I'll be glad to be done with those, hopefully very soon! Even so, I still got a little cleaning done, called a couple loved ones, did some reading from a print book, finished a recorded book, watched a little baseball and some more old Survivor episodes, and listened to the news... nuff said about that...

We got our sprinklers blown out earlier today and ready for the coming cold weather, so that's one more item off the checklist! I had also ordered a new vacuum cleaner, which arrived this evening! Paul put it together and took it for a test drive down our dusty hallway. I'm so happy to have a functioning vacuum again! Yay!

Oh, and I'm officially on Social Security. That's so weird because in my head I'm way too young for that, even though my husband retired earlier this year. Funny how that works. That's a quick update on my life. I hope you are all healthy and happy! Now, back to that book I go!

3 comments:

Sally said...

I've been catching up on your last few posts. Girl, you've been through the mill! Although now it seems you're doing better. I'm glad you like hubby being home, and hopefully, when this nasty virus is over (if it ever is)you two can do some of the things you've planned on.

God bless you,sweetheart. You're in my prayers.

xoxo
P.S. I also love hearing the rain! :)

Sally said...

Hi Nita Jo - I'm wondering where my comment(s) have ended up. I tried catching up with you, and most happy to know you're doing better now. I hope you guys will be able to visit some places that you wanted to once this virus is gone (praying it will be sooner than later)

Take care.

xoxo

Nita Jo said...

Sally, I'm so sorry. I guess I need to check my comment settings. I no longer get email notifications on the comments for some reason. Anyway, alive and well. New blog post today, and hopefully more to come before too long!
Love and Hugs!
Nita Jo